Here are FIVE rules for Seeing Results
1. Remain Consistent. You will never see results if your workout schedule is erratic. If you keep up with your routine at a minimum of twice a week you will see results in 4-6 weeks. If you only exercise once a week or once every other week, you will definitely become healthier but you wont see the results you want.
2. Match Your Diet To Your Goals. If you want to lose weight, reduce calories. Planning to run a marathon? Increase complex carbohydrates. Looking to build muscle? Increase lean protein. The diet goes hand in hand with the fitness program.
3. Challenge Yourself. No matter what the goal, results come from pushing yourself enough to promote change. You won't lose weight by walking at a leisure pace and you won't build muscle if you are lifting so light, you don't even sweat. Don't waste a workout by going easy. If you don't have the energy, wait another day. Or until you are ready to give it your all.
4. Don't Take Any Shortcuts. If you want lasting results pills, potions and drugs will not help you maintain progress. You may notice changes in your body but as soon as you stop taking the supplement your body will go right back to where it started. Considering most supplements are not government approved the only thing you may get out of it is illness or dependency.
5. Don't Give Up. If you are working hard and watching you diet you will see results. Sometimes it takes longer to see progress than other people. Results depend on factors such as age, gender, goals and activity levels prior to the start of the program. No matter what, you are doing a great thing for yourself. Keep going and never give up.
Seeing results from your fitness and diet program is not very hard if you keep at it, eat right and perform effective routines. If you find your results have plateaued, don't hesitate to hire a personal trainer that can help you work through the obstacles and design a program that will push you past whatever is stopping your results from happening.