A Quick Tip:
If you have been participating in a certain exercise for a while now, consider heightening your understanding of its history or inner-workings to find more fulfillment within the practice and to even improve the physical aspect of the activity itself. Some examples of this include:
- For Runners- Learn the history of marathons. It's fascinating.
- For Dancers- Take music theory lessons. Learn rhythms and melodies.
- For Cyclists- Learn how to fix/tune up your bike or even build one from scratch.
- For Martial Arts- Learn the history of your and other disciplines.
- For Yoga- Learn the benefits of each posture, the history of your discipline.
- Weight Lifters- Teach yourself about anatomy and psysiology.
Deepening an activity with theory will turn a simple exercise to a hobby and a lifestyle.
Hit the Books!